Sunday, November 25, 2012

October 2012 Trip - Honduras part


Front yard at Hacienda San Lucas in Honduras where we stayed at for 3 nights.



Young ceiba tree shows it's thorns on the trunk.



Overlooking the Copan Valley from Hacienda San Lucas.



We visited the Maya ruins of El Puente in the morning.



My good friend Eduardo Gonzalez on top of the main pyramid at El Puente.



Picture of main pyramid at El Puente.



We visited the Maya ruins of Rio Amarillo in the afternoon.



Pyramid at Rio Amarillo.



The next day we visited the great Maya ruins of Copan.



Eduardo and I in front of a stela at Copan.



Pyramid at Copan.



Corbel vaulted doorway at Copan.




Eduardo Gonzalez making a video of our Facebook friend; Balam David, who lives in Copan Ruinas nearby.





Arguably one of the most beautiful ball courts in the Maya world, it was erected in the early 8th century A.D..




This is only one of the many beautiful stelae located at the Maya ruins of Copan in the Great Plaza.



This is one of the largest temple-pyramid structures located at the Maya ruins of Copan.



This is an overview picture taken from Temple 11 of the East Plaza. It's my favorite plaza at the site. 





I don't remember the number of it but this is an amazing stelae at Copan located in the Great Plaza.







4 comments:

  1. We were in Honduras in October too! We didn't go to Copan. But we went to Tulum in Mexico and Altun Ha in Belize. The ruins are absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Robin! Altun-Ha is a small but very nice ruin to visit. The beach at Tulum is AMAZING as well. You must have been on a cruise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were. My hubby wanted to visit more ruins. That is why we picked that cruise.

      Delete
  3. Well....when y'all want to visit many more Maya ruins, let me know. I've visited 116 of them! Y'all can go with me on one of my adventures if ya want. Jeff will be heading to the Guatemalan jungle with me for 4 nights in March 2013. He'll be freaking out the whole time we're there, too! I can't wait!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete